Saturday, March 15, 2014

My Hero

To: A simple hero
From:  Someone who cares

I talk to you sometimes when I'm alone, did you know that? I like to think about what things would be like if you were here, sitting in the grass next to me. You'd probably be absorbing the beauty and trying to make sense of the colors all around us. I can hear you explaining your thoughts to me because I'm not one to notice the beauty in things on my own, the thought's almost funny to me. Why question beauty when there are other things to stress about in the world like why people come and go in life?

You're different.

Seconds aren't ever wasted in your world. Memories are created whenever you get the chance to make them, so moments aren't blown away and forgotten. I imagine you're painting sunsets and blue skies now, giving people left behind a sense of peace through beauty. Giving them a picture to store memories in. It's calming to me, and it makes me think. Thank you.

You give me hope and a reason to smile.

Even though tears come and go on your behalf, visioning you in the back of my mind brings a smile to my face; why cry when there's so much to be happy for? When I use to cry though, you didn't care. You would just wrap your arms around me to keep the world around us out. I was your little girl, and you wouldn't let anything harm me.

 Selfless. That's what you were. 

Taking care of people and bringing laughter to their lives was your forte. Everywhere you went emotions of happiness and excitement were left behind.

Then things changed.

Even though challenges came, you lifted your head and kept smiling. Overall appearance changed for you, but you didn't care. As long as everyone around you was safe, you were happy. Time ticked by, but you held on with every last breath, keeping your head held high. You stayed true to yourself until the end, until it was over and you had to go.

Now I'm here, lying in the grass and smiling as the wind gently kisses my skin. I'm smiling because I'm thinking of you. I think of you a lot you know. You're someone I never want to forget, and I never will. When memories course their way through my mind, I'll accept them graciously. 

Hero. That's what you are to me, and I'll love you forever.

3 comments:

  1. This is overwhelmingly beautiful and pure. Your words are amazing and magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to cry then I smiled. Thanks for the well written writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet. Easy to read. Special.

    ReplyDelete