Sunday, March 9, 2014

Books...or Movies

QUESTION: Would you rather have to get rid of books and only have movies, or get rid of movies and only have books?

For me this isn't a tough question at all; I can't live without books! 

Personally, keeping books means holding onto movies as well because when I read it's like I'm actually watching a movie. I get so attached to the characters I read about, and I feel like I can really relate to them!

However, when I watch movies, I don't get as involved with the characters. Don't get me wrong I love movies, but it's harder to relate to the people because you're not imagining them yourself and feeling the emotion.

Reading is the perfect way to see the characters development and experience things with them. THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS WITH MOVIES. It's easy to you know the people on the screen, but do you really? #probablynot

Every living thing I come across when I read becomes a part of me! It's like the main people in my books become family to me; I can't lose them. Endings are my least favorite and favorite parts. It's bittersweet for me because ends are usually amazing, but they also mean it's time to move on. It's time to find a new book to read. It's time to get to know new characters.

Movies aren't very long, so it's hard to grow attached to those who make it what it is.

XOXO

~Rosie

2 comments:

  1. You just have a sweet blog. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how i feel!!!! I was totally thinking of this today too as I finished a book, but couldn't buy the sequel cause it's Sunday. I really feels as if you are each character.

    ReplyDelete