Sunday, March 23, 2014

Let's Just Be Realistic Here


No one really likes to read a story with a sad ending right? Everyone wants to see the hero make it to the top and have a happy life.



If there’s not a “Happily Ever After” in the story, why read it?



Examples: Mockingjay and Allegiant



 People don’t like them because they’re realistic. They remind people that even in stories, life’s not perfect.



I think that’s stupid though.



The authors are just being honest in these stories though, WHICH I LOVE. They’re not trying to sugar coat anything at all, they’re just trying to help readers see things as they really are.



Happy endings wouldn’t have made sense for either of these books.



I’m not trying to suggest that ending the stories on a happier note would have disappointed me. I mean seriously, I cried like a baby at the end of Allegiant! Having a happy ending would have made reading it a lot easier! However, I just like how it’s real. There’s no faking the emotions that came with it!



If Allegiant or Mockingjay were to have ended differently, they would have been more like fairytales because it’s not how life really is.



I’m not going to get into the end of both books because I know that lots of people still haven’t read them, but I like them…no matter what anyone else says. These kinds of books are tragic in a beautiful way, and I love it.



XOXO,



~Rosie


2 comments:

  1. I love the end of mockingjay. And I always love sad endings. I love reality. I love that someone else feels this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also cried at the end of Allegiant. very realistic. I glad that you realize that it's good that not all endings are happy.

    ReplyDelete