Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fallen

“She wasnt exactly sure when it happened. Or even when it started. All she knew for sure was that right here and now, she was falling hard and she could only pray that he was feeling the same way.” ~Nicholas Sparks, Safe Haven 

I really don't know why I let it happen; I let myself fall for you. Now I don't mean I had a little girly crush, I mean I fell for you hard. 

I trusted you, but you let me down.

Now you're saying "let's be friends still though, we can work it out." Heard it before. So tempting, but no. 

But thanks for the heart break.

Thanks for the pain.

Thanks for thinking everything will go back to normal.

And thanks for making me love you, I really appreciate it. You're a real pal!

To be honest though, I really will miss you. Not enough to let you walk all over me again, but enough to let memories flow through my brain again. That's about all I need. And to be real here, I should be thanking you. I should be thanking you for giving me a reason to be angry, and giving me a reason to move on. 

You pushed me to a point where I know I won't make the same mistake because I don't want to find myself in the fallen state of bitterness. So thank you for saving me in the future. I won't let this happen again. 

2 comments:

  1. I almost started crying because this is everything that I'm feeling typed to perfection. Thank you for this. I'm sorry you have to go through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I really don't know why I let it happen..."

    So heartbreakingly lovely.

    ReplyDelete